"...sa may paanan Niya, nakita ko ang tayog at ningning ng aking mga pangarap. Tama, sa may paanan Niya, doon ako magsisimula..."

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pay Slip Never Dies

While harking back into my old stuff, I found something that made me realize how lucky was I to have what I have right now. It was funny because I hardly scan my old things for I didn’t have much time to look at them one by one, but this time, I managed to examine each one of them, and it made me go back to my old, happy, blithe, worry-free days. How I love to bring back the memories of my youth.

Anyway, I was talking about my very first pay slip. I got it when I was working as a student assistant at our community college, my beloved alma mater, Imus Institute. I worked in a high school library at Dimasalang Campus. I remembered, it was from 9:00am-1:00pm, just before my classes started. And yes, my first salary was a whopping P675.00; it would be my allowance for two weeks, or less.

I remember I was not the type of student who would really care if I have money in my pocket. Money was never my problem because I could go to school without it. I used to bring my own food at school; I didn’t really spend if it was not necessary, and all my books were photocopied. And it went on until I finished my Bachelor’s Degree.

I was not trying to enthuse you, nor make you believe I was an angel, wahahaha, no, no, really, I was just reminiscing my crazy college life, because during that time also, I realized how well I managed to deprive myself of something that I wanted to have, like having a presentable cell phone, or eating chicken joy at Jollibee, playing computer games, renting computer to surf the net, partying, and the like. Before, I’d choose to just stay home and watch TV instead of going out with friends for I know it'd cost me lots of money to have fun, eat out and drink beer. I would prefer to use old school supplies instead of buying a new one though my dad would give me enough budget to spend for it. And yes, believe me or not, I was that frugal.

But it didn't matter now; I learned that it was really practical nowadays to save money for our future needs, it was really important to know our priorities so we could budget wisely. But that doesn’t give us an excuse to divest ourselves of something that we wish we have if we know we can buy it. After all, it was just money and that was its purpose.

I was not really sure if this makes sense to you but I just hope you get what I mean. We live everyday with the possibilities of dying and death always happens in an abrupt manner. And what will you do with the money that you kept? Of course, you’d say, you'd give it to your loved ones, and that is very kind of you, but come on, while you’re here and while you have all the chance in the world to make the most out of what you have, I’d say you better use it wisely. It was never a sin to spend something for yourself especially if you know you need it. It was never a crime to treat yourself for something that would indulge and pamper your soul. Come on, I can feel now you know what I’m trying to entail, *wink.

And so, now that I have a real job, and sure I have been earning way more than P675.00, I try to make it a point to at least have an unwinding moment with myself every once in a while. I do go out with friends now and drink beer, maybe a bottle or two, or sometimes I watch movie with them, or I window shop at the mall alone. I was not a partygoer but sometimes I go out with friends just to mingle. And oh, hell, yes, I pig out, big time! *laughs.

Nevertheless, one thing that I would never forget was to save a part of what I’m earning. In spite of everything, I still believe in the power of saving money, because like death, you would ever know when emergency would take place.

14 comments:

paperdoll said...

ganun tlga. . kung at early age naexperience mo ung mga un, baka wala ka jan ngeon:D. . you know what i mean? hahaha

Unknown said...

haha, ako, i did rummage my old stuffs din and guess what? everytime i find something old e natatawa ko coz it brings me down to mem'ry lane din... asteg di ba? hehehe

add din kita sa blogroll ko ayts?

M A Y A said...

ay walang shout box... pasyal-pasyal lang po... :)

Anonymous said...

mahilig din ako maghalungkat ng mga kapapelan na ginamit ko dati. isa sa mga nakatago ay ang first pay slip ko. :)

napadaan...

Mar C. said...

uy stuff keeper ka pala, ako dati ganyan din kaso ngayon nawawala na.hahaha

gillboard said...

buti ka pa marunong humawak ng pera!!!

next year, seriously, magsisimula nako magipon

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this---my first job (when I was a freshman in college) at an expensive preparatory school paid me a measly 19.75 per hour to inspect kids' bags, assist teachers, clean the classrooms, watch children during playtime and wash them up if they have an "emergency." My succeeding fastfood stints helped me survive college, pay my own rent at a nearby dorm, but I was pretty much starving all the time. Now, earning better, I make it a point to eat what I want. Food is my guilty pleasure.

I'm not a big spender, nor am I stingy, so I guess the balance of things helps me live a comfortable life. I have financial responsibilities to my family (and sometimes I'm too generous for my own liking) but I always try to be kind to myself. After all, I deserve a treat at the end of the day.

angelo aguinaldo said...

we sure are lucky!

UtakMunggo said...

this is good stuff you wrote. ahm, i can't say pareho tayo ng ugali kasi ako naman kapag sweldo i make it a point to buy something for the house, something for the kids, something for the one who must not be named, and something for myself...which is usually THE something for the house. hehe

frugal people are practical ones, just like my dad (ilocano siya so i guess that explains a lot). me, however, practicality comes flying out the window in the face of FOOD. it's the one thing i never EVER compromise myself on. hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://aduqujikig.jamminweb.com/dilihihu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://erecimibyc.dreamstation.com/sodepid.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://mebigegyb.o-f.com/iqijes.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]