"...sa may paanan Niya, nakita ko ang tayog at ningning ng aking mga pangarap. Tama, sa may paanan Niya, doon ako magsisimula..."

Monday, June 23, 2008

Ulan, ulan, hulugan mo ako ng Alaxan.

Be careful with what you wish for.

I was talking to my officemate Ma. Elvira Sacro (Matet for short) one Friday evening while waiting for work to occupy us when I told her that I wish I’d be sick on a Sunday so I will have an excuse not to go to work. I really wanted to have a free time so I can go to the mall and watch movie, or maybe to have a full body massage at Bioessence, or maybe just to window shop around. You know, my favorite past time is to walk around the mall and watch people walk and talk and do what they do while I just stare at them thinking nothing. Weird, right? I don’t know why I can’t find time to do it during my regular rest days. I just don’t know why. And so, that same night, I felt something is wrong with my nose, I kept on sneezing, and then suddenly I realized I have a runny nose. Somehow, I managed not to pay attention to it since I’m too busy with my work.


Then the storm came in.

When I got home from work, I know I really am not feeling so well, but as what I usually do, I opened my laptop, try to catch up with what’s happening on line. I checked my mails, updated my blog and chat with some online friends. After doing my thing, I prepared my DVD to watch Kyle XY the series (damn, I’m done with One Tree Hill and Smallville and I can’t find their latest series!). Then it started to rain hard. I didn’t even know that there’s a storm during that day. All I care about was to have enough sleep so I can go to work the next day.


Brownout all over

Just so before I sleep, I notice the old shoe box I’m keeping since forever, the box as far as I can remember, was given to me by my childhood sweetheart during I guess my birthday or Christmas, I couldn’t exactly remember what occasion, but since then, I kept it and there I store all the letters, postcards, and notes given to me by some special people in my life. I keep my literary works there also and speaking of which, while harking back in to the memories of my childhood days, I saw the first love poem I ever wrote for the girl I first admire. Funny. I realized how corny a child in love could be. Now, let me show you how I wrote it:


A Promise

I wonder why it could never be me

Even though I love you but you won’t let me in

I wonder why you can never be mine

Even though I love you, I guess my love is on the line

I wish that you could love me the way that I do

And I hope that someday, it would be me and you

Forever I’ll wait and as long as I live

Until the sun don’t shine, until my last breath

I know it’s not today, not even tomorrow

But the promise of waiting would still be in my shadow

Till the last drop of my tears, till the last beat of my heart

I promise to wait for you, even though we’re apart.


Hahahaha. Lol. Can you imagine how serious I was while writing this? It’s really funny! Well, honestly, I still can remember the feeling, really. It’s like heaven. Just like heaven. Pure, sincere, honest, truthful, clean, and believe me, I wish I know how to write that way again. Being in love like a child I think, is the sincerest kind of love. I know you agree, just for once please. And then I notice I kinda lost track of time and while browsing through my things, the lights suddenly went off. I decided to just leave everything behind my drawer again and get back to it as soon as the light comes back. I prepared to catch some sleep and hoping that the brownout will soon be over.


The Influenza, bow.

Right in the middle of my sleep, it was around 2 in the afternoon, (take note that I work in a call center, so we follow the US standard time, Eastern Time to be exact.) I woke up freezing and chilling. I thought it was just because of the rainy weather but I guess I was wrong. I felt the sudden pain stroke right through my head. It was really a painful headache (tell me it's redundant!). I tried to stand up but then my body can’t move. I was literally crying in pain because I know I have to do something to heal myself so I can go to work. Well, guess what happened next? I ended up calling our attendance hotline to inform them I can’t report to work. I felt relieved. For the first time after working in the company, I used my sick leave. And so, what I wished for came true. I got sick on a Sunday. Bad thing about it, I wasn’t able to go to the mall because it’s raining, and my body felt so weak, too bad I had to stay in bed the whole day. I should really be careful with what I wish for.


Let there be light.

Yeah right, two days of darkness and I was sick all along. I can imagine how harder it is for those who doesn’t even have a shelter to comfort them. It took time for Meralco to fix the faulty wiring that exploded during the storm. I don’t want to blame them so I guess all I can do is just to be thankful and gratified that we surpassed another storm just as easy as the others that passed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hanep ang love poem, pang lyrics ang dating. haha. nice nice. ang saya talaga magblog no nasasabi mo yung hindi mo nasasabi sa personal. bloggers rock!

Bienthoughts [a.ride.to.life] said...

hehehe, oo nga eh. blogging is evrything I agree!! thanks sa pagdalaw sa aking payak ng pahina! hanggang sa muli.