"...sa may paanan Niya, nakita ko ang tayog at ningning ng aking mga pangarap. Tama, sa may paanan Niya, doon ako magsisimula..."

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Call Center Ride to Life




I was never peaceful since I worked in the call center industry for 2 years now, I think. I was always wide awake, alert, and alive. I actually couldn't even recall what "sleep" really meant for a person ordinary like me.


Well, I guess, I was not just an ordinary guy. I got to sleep during daytime since I work at night, and I have my social life during daytime also since I have to take calls at night. It was really different. The only compensation that I have was that call centers really pay higher than the regular jobs out there. With that, I got to buy the things that I like. I could travel from time to time. I definitely could eat wherever and whatever I wanted during my rest days.


I mean, my life since I worked in the industry was never the same. I have my whole world reversed going after the time zone of the United States and all the other countries which needed my world class service.


I am so fed up, really. Yes, it is what I am feeling right now as I'm writing this crap. I wanted to quit, I wanted to find another job. I wanted to be as ordinary as I could be. I wanted my life back. Back where everything for me was just as easy as I thought it was.


But no, I know it was not. Life is really hard and even harder when you’re walking through it. I have this feeling that even If get to have the ordinary job that I have been looking for, I know, still, there would be a part of me who wouldn't be contented.


I mean, I knew that there were lots of things in this world that we could do, and I meant a lot! But we couldn't do it all in a lifetime. I guess we just need to do the things we need to do right now and just be ready for what would come the next day. Remember, even God needed to rest?


As for me, I knew that I wouldn't stay long at this industry because I believe my destiny lies elsewhere. And I need "some" funds for that destiny and I would get it from this industry. As for now, I have to live with my body clock reversed. Earn as much money as I could. (I mean, it’s better than going somewhere abroad right?) And just enjoy the life my work has been giving me. I have got to learn to look at the brighter side of life.


I have to be on the right track, and I know I am, and I always have been.


Two years or less from now, I’d be graduating from my master’s education. I would mark it as the start of the other life I always have wanted. With all the things I’ve been to, I mean, I’ve been to worst, what else in this world I cannot handle? I know that one day it’ll be over.


And I am going to make sure that when the time comes that I have to leave this “life”, the next day I’ll be on my bed, all clothes off, lights dimmed, pillows and bed sheets are all in their apt places, and I’d be sleeping for the next 24 hours… and maybe more.


No comments: