"...sa may paanan Niya, nakita ko ang tayog at ningning ng aking mga pangarap. Tama, sa may paanan Niya, doon ako magsisimula..."

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Best Meal Ever.

I had a date yesterday with my long lost ex-girlfriend. It has been a long time since I last saw her and it seemed like nothing has changed. She was still the same beautiful, smart and funny girl I fell in love with during our college days. It was funny how time fled so fast that after all these years, the feelings were still the same. Yeah, right, you might think it was funny and ridiculous, but to tell you the truth, even I was amazed. The moment I saw her walked by, the moment I smelled the same fragrance she wears every time, the moment I looked again into her eyes, wooahh, it was really astounding. Corny as it might seem, and I'm laughing out loud now, but really, I felt like I was walking in a road full of butterflies and flowers, I could smell the ocean breeze, the smell of fresh air straightly coming from the trees, like I wanted time to stop and just look at her beauty forever. hahaha! I know, I know, t'was funny, wasn't it? And you wouldn't believe I'm serious. Hmmm... It's fine.


Anyway, we ate at Frio Myx restaurant just near where she works. I ordered my all-time favorite seafood pesto spaghetti and she ordered her favorite carbonara, and mocha chino beside our plates. It was the best meal I've ever had for the week. My stomach felt contentment with the single carbo meal. Cool, right?


We talked about a lot of things. About everything that had happened to us while we were apart. I had fun, and I realized that there were so many things that I missed since the day we went on our separate ways. Yeah, I missed her, that was it. I wanted to be in her life again. I wanted, again, to be the man behind her every success, every failure, every decisions, happiness and sorrows. I wanted to be just near her. To be with her all the time. I wanted her again in my life.


I walked her home after the date. All the memories we had before started to flash back. It was sweet memories, sweet talks while walking along the cold night. Ahhhh..., I'm in love again, I think.

I received a message from her after our conversation, it must have been the question she forgot to ask me while we were busy reminiscing our past.


"Why didn't you love again...?"


Yes, it was true; I did not love again after we broke up. And the answer was easy.


I replied "Because it's always been you..."


I never know where it was heading me, or the two of us, but for now, one thing is for sure, someone opened my heart again, and I am happy to know that It was exactly the same girl I loved before. They said love is lovelier the second time around, well, I hope this time would be different. I didn't want to hurt her again. And I wouldn't let her go, this time.

No comments: